The Arc of Tri-Cities offers a local summer day camp for kids with developmental disabilities that include Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism etc...
This is an opportunity for youth ages 11 and up to help kids with and without disabilities to interact and have fun.
Who: Ages 11 and up
Where: Camps located in Tri-Cities
When: Minimum of one week commitment during the dates of June 19 and August 18
- Opportunity to serve as a mentor
- Develop future job skills
- Increase Leadership Skills
- Meet new people in a fun environment
- Make a difference
Volunteers must meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Be committed to helping kids with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to swim daily in public pool
- Be a positive mentor and role model
- Age 11years or older
- Make a minimum of one week commitment
- Pass a Washington State Patrol background check
- Complete the Volunteer Packet.
- Pass Partners N Pals volunteer training
Partners N Pals kids swim daily. Swimming occurs in public pools. The following is helpful in making swimming a fun experience.
- Swimsuits need to be modest and durable (one piece for girls)
- No cutoffs
- Swimsuits must be lined– Swimming pools require all boys swimsuits to have a liner
- Volunteers must be prepared to swim daily
- Volunteers are responsible to provide their own lunch, snack, and drink.
- Lunches must be labeled with name of volunteer
- No refrigeration available
The Arc of Tri-Cities summer camp “ Partners N Pals” participates in a variety of activities including, swimming, bowling, and crafts. The expense of the activities are averaged into a weekly fee.
Cost Per Week