Summer Camp Counselor (Formally known as LIT) Looking for motivated and positive individuals!!
Click on the application at the bottom of the page to apply!
The Arc of Tri-Cities is searching for outstanding youth volunteers between the ages 15 and up who want to make a difference in a child’s life. Through the efforts of youth volunteers, The Arc of Tri-Cities is able to offer more children with disabilities a chance to participate in summer fun activities.
What will you be doing?
As a Volunteer Summer Camp Counselor you will be assigned campers to watch over and help them with safety, personal care needs, and assisting them with activities, water play, sports and crafts etc…
Sumer Camp Counselors can choose the age group and the time commitment they want to make to the camp. Opportunities include the following:
- PNP Jr. (campers ages 2-7)
- 4 weeks of summer Monday– Thursday
- Start Date July 15th + training on July 17th
- Camp time is 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- LITS Hours are 8:45 am –11:45 am
- Meet at Keewaidin Discovery Center in Kennewick
- Help young campers learn how to play with others and have fun doing it
The camp is offered weekly:
Monday– Thursday 9:00am to 11:30am
- Week 1 - Mon, July 15 - Thur, July 18
- Week 2 - Mon, July 22 - Thur July 25
- Week 3 - Mon, July 29 - Fri, Aug 1
- Week 4 - Mon, Aug 5- Fri, Aug 9
Stipends vary depending on positions and length of service. Stipend checks are mailed two weeks out after completion of time and submittal of the essay.
PNP Jr.—2 week commitment is $125
PNP Jr.—4 week commitment is $250
The Arc of Tri-Cities Camp provides a thorough orientation training for the program. Training is mandatory for all new and returning volunteers. Training Day for PNP Jr. is the following:
July 17th at 10:00 am - 3:00 pm @ The Arc of Tri-Cities
- Opportunity to meet great people and lasting friendships.
- Participate in summer fun activities at no cost.
- Extensive training on disabilities, communication, behavior management, team work and leadership development.
- Hands-on experience leading and teaching a group of youth participants.
- Multiple volunteer hours to use towards educational requirements.
- An Educational Stipend after successful completion of committed camp weeks, attendance at all trainings and written essay at the conclusion of volunteering.
How to Apply?
- Complete an application online at www.arcoftricities.com
- Set an interview time
- Bring a letter of recommendation to your interview from a teacher, mentor, someone you have volunteered for.
It is the responsibility of every individual, their parent, or legal guardian to provide for his/her own accident and health coverage while participating in all The Arc of Tri-Cities activities.
The Arc of Tri-Cities does not provide any accident or health coverage for its participants and/or volunteers