NOTE: As of 2019/03/25 Donna Tracy has taken over the Assistive Program from Yuriy Zinchuk as he has moved to a different position. Please be patient with us while we make this transition.
Please read the information below and then click the link above to fill out the online form.
Submit requests regularly? Add arcoftricities.com/at to your browser bookmarks for easier access to this page.
Assistive technology items may help you complete tasks without the help of another person or to be more independent with daily tasks.
The Arc of Tri-Cities is currently contracted with the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) to provide Specialized Equipment and Supplies to eligible individuals.
If you are on Community First Choice you have access to funding for Assistive Technology (AT) Devices that increase the individual's independence.
There is a limit of $550 per fiscal year.
If you're unsure if you qualify, contact your case resource manager at DDA and ask about this service.
How Do I Know What to Purchase?
There are many resources on where and how to Find technology that will help you.
Informing Families Building Trust has tips, resources, and information to help with your questions on Assistive Technology.
All charges, including taxes and shipping, must remain at $550 or under.
General instructions on how to purchase an iPad or other tablet through Community First Choice-
1. Talk with an OT, PT, or other health care professional that understands your needs. They will assist you with determining what equipment may allow you to become more independent with your activities of daily living and/or instrumental activities of daily living.
2. Obtain a written letter of recommendation from the referring professional indicating what equipment (such as a tablet or iPad, app, or other form of assistive technology) would allow you to become more independent and how to would increase independence and/or substitute for human assistance.
3. Contact your case manager and notify them of the recommendation. You will be asked to submit a copy of the letter from the recommending professional. You may request the name of vendors that provide the item(s) that you are requesting.
4. If the item(s) that are being requested exceed the $550 allotment, discuss this with your case manager. You may take the form below with you to your appointment with the recommending professional and ask them to complete it. This is not required. The recommending professional may use their own form.
5. Fill out the form online (Link can be found on the top of this page)
6. Contact Donna Tracy at The Arc of Tri-Cities, if you have questions. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-783-1131, ext. 105
Recommendations From a Professional?
To get Assistive Technology, you should contact your physician and ask for a referral for an evaluation by a speech, occupational, or physical therapist. The therapist will recommend the right technology and help you learn how to use it once you get it. Assistive Technology is purchased using your annual allotment.
Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists can be a valuable asset in knowing what technology might help you the most.
Our Partner Speech Therapist is:
Ryan Edwards. MA, CCC-SLP
Achieve Center Pediatric Therapy
Contact Donna Tracy at The Arc of Tri-Cities, if you have any questions or would like to know more information about Assistive Techology.
Phone Number: 509-783-1131 ext. 105
New to Proloquo2Go, the iOS communicating app? Click here for a Starting Guide!
For additional help and support, attend the Quarterly Proloquo2Go Help Meetings, held at The Arc of Tri-Cities.
If you are interested in attending the next meeting, please RSVP to Melissa Brooks at email@example.com or (509) 783-1131 ext 108.
Need Help redeeming the code for your iOS app and putting the app onto your iPad?
Here is a video showing step by step instructions: https://youtu.be/qpCcKsj6OyM
If you are still experiencing problems or need the e-mail with the code re-sent to you, please contact Donna Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org@arcoftricities.com or 509-783-1131, ext. 105.