Is your child 18 and have a disability that will affect his or her ability to be "gainfully employed"?
Is your family low income and have a child with a developmental disability?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions you will want to know more about Social Security Disability (SSI)
Do you need help applying for SSI? Here is an attorney that can assist you with applying for SSI
SMART LAW OFFICES
Smart Law Offices can assist you in determining whether you or a loved one would qualify for disability benefits and then take the lead of navigating the claim through the often complex Social Security system.
The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. While these two programs are different in many ways, both are administered by the Social Security Administration and only individuals who have a disability and meet medical criteria may qualify for benefits under either program. Our office knows how to navigate this system so you don't have to because we understand how difficult it can be dealing with all the paperwork and other documentation needed to prove injuries and/or conditions that leave a person unable to work and likely in financial hardship.
Consultations are free and our contracts are set up so that we do not get paid unless we are able to get you benefits awarded.
General Social Security Income Information
- http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/Factsheet-CHLD.pdf');">What You Should Know Before You Apply for SSI Disability Benefits for a Child
- http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/Factsheet-AD.pdf');">What You Should Know Before You Apply, for Adults
- https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/i3820/main.html', 'For applying for a child, you can apply on line');">For applying for a child, you can apply on linebut you must contact them to complete the application process, by calling 1-800-772-1213. This is something else we should all apply for and if denied, keep trying once every year or so, as the #’s change. It is based on income, parents’ income if a child. If someone is eligible for SSI, then they automatically get state health insurance, FYI. If you don’t want to apply on line, you can apply in person, at the local office, or on the phone, by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- For applying for an adult, you must call or go in in person, to apply for an interview. You can cut your interview time in half by starting thehttp://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability/', 'process on line.\n');">process on line. (If you cannot complete the information on line, click on the Adult Checklist and Worksheet, below.)
Once you apply, you will be contacted for an intake appointment. Make sure you have all of the requested items on thehttp://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/Checklist%20-%20Child.pdf');">Child Checklist(http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/Checklist%20-%20Adult.pdf');">Adult Checklist) with you. Here is all of the information you need to have about your child, just fill this out and bring it in,http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/SSA-3819.pdf');">Child Medical and School Worksheet(http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/Documents/SSA-3381.pdf');">Adult Worksheet).
Here are the links for the entire kits
- http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/disability_starter_kits_child_eng.htm', 'Click here for SSI Child Disability Starter Kit (for children under age 18)');">Click here for SSI Child Disability Starter Kit (for children under age 18)
- http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/disability_starter_kits_adult_eng.htm', 'Click here for the Adult Disability Starter Kit (18 and older)');">Click here for the Adult Disability Starter Kit (18 and older).
Here’s the main website,http://www.socialsecurity.gov', 'Social Security Administration');">Social Security Administration. Call 1-800-772-1213 with any questions. Our local SSI office: 8131 W Klamath Ct., SUITE A Kennewick, WA 99336 1-800-772-1213